Search this Blog

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Road To The Future


Walking alone in the path
Covered in richness of  snow
Feeling so cold , I carried myself slow
Pondering upon  my still life
The past and the present days
Something which I can never alter
The future still holds a place there after
With that vision of a  hope
A hope to achieve my lost dreams
Like the snow my heart is ready to melt thee
With the slight hug of sun shine on me
I walk past the snow covered road
Crawling myself  home feeling cold
There, I found myself surrounded by warm hearts
Giving me a new hope of tomorrow
A road for me to move on ..a clasp on my fingers- my kids

-submitted for Magpie picture prompt

23 comments:

  1. a new hope of tomorrow- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kathew -Thank you
    @Eric - A road to your blog ...well well ,I see

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I tried to make it point back here!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another inspiring poem and just what I needed today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this, a lot.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Eric-point taken
    @andreas,kay-thank you
    @kristen-welcome

    ReplyDelete
  7. The future still holds a place there after - indeed!


    Clever use of colour for your arrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was beautiful - and what a clever way of including the arrow in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed , what else? isn't life so very beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  10. very beautiful uma. you captured the sadness and hope perfectly.

    trisha
    mydomainpvt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the new hope on the horizon, hidden beneath the snow covered path, shadowed by the branches of love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, very nicely done - inspirational and well layered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really liked it, especially the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "The slight hug of sunshine" and the final line---my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely poem. I like the 'still life' and the last line is touching, as others have also said.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful words written with such depth and awesome thoughts.

    zeroing into the arrow

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very creative. I've never seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful poem of hope...i love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww...how absolutely moving and inspiring, Uma!! Family can be the ULTIMATE source of joy and hope indeed!!

    Loved your magpie response!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful...

    love your creativity.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete