Search this Blog

Tuesday 10 March 2015

The Bold Step I took to Start A New Life

Life is a roller coaster ride and change is inevitable. As a young child, I was an introvert and loved spending time with my pet kitten which I treasured the most. Except for my family members, I won’t talk much to other people and was always on the listening side. If some of my friends are argumentative to an extent that is unbearable, it so happened that I avoided them completely. Yes, I detest people who were bickering for silly things, whatever the reasons are. But I love being around people who appreciate even the simple things, be it a pupa on the Oleander tree, flying kites in the sky and all things except washing their dirty linen in public. The friends I made were few and were on the same wavelength as mine and they often happened to be the ones who talk less. And maybe because of this reason, I lacked in communication skill as I grew up.

So it was not a surprise that I started to develop a liking towards people who can express themselves through speech since I lacked that skill. And maybe because of this reason, I started writing a lot and had a concrete notion that I can express myself better with little sketches, quotes and words. It all began with a paper, to a greeting card, then to a notebook and now through blogging.

Although I have written many snippets of fictions and poetry, I did not have the courage to show people outside because I was too shy. Moreover, I was afraid of what people might say about what I have written. Will they make fun of me? Will they think I am showing it off? Or will they see me differently? That was a time I hesitated and shied away, but not anymore. I started to experiment with my writing and even with people who read them. It was like I am speaking with those people through words and it so happened that the more I spoke, the more I felt confident that I can communicate freely with like-minded people. Nothing has stopped me. The feedback I get from strangers also transformed me on how and what I write. Moreover, it gave me confidence to initiate talking to a stranger.

Blogging or say communicating publicly through writing is one of the bold steps I took in my life. It all happened through the change of place (country) where I was left to live in a foreign land away from home and wherein I was surrounded by all the materials like unlimited internet, flexible time and loneliness to paint my own world where I started to communicate a lot, the thing I felt burdened once and that I miss very much now. The silence once I loved more killed me now. I began to start afresh responding to even little sounds around me. It was like finding my soul mate within me.

roller coaster
Image source: picgifs.com
Life, a roller coaster ride, might be fun or nauseating 
It all depends upon on how much one can take it.

Life is a roller coaster ride. What I felt was intruding once, I feel that no more. What I felt lacking once, I have enough. It all started with a “drive” to help myself feel better in between the four walls of a confined home. And the words, however silly it might sound is now available for everyone to read. I care less of what you might say behind me, but I feel better that I have no more strangled thoughts inside my mind but let them out freely to conquer my world. It will reach to those people it has to or just dance by some unseen world. And that change was inevitable, but I felt better.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it, Uma...! I have been just like you, a true introvert... I was very much nervous of attending family get-togethers and probably, that was one reason why I never liked bunked school! I used to scribble a lot... It included both drawing and writing. (No, no I am not a good writer, I just scribble). It was because of my talkative sister, I started to communicate. Teaching has taught me to express my thoughts. All these matters came out as I read about you...

    Even I like to be connected with people who are optimistic and curious about things... May be that's why I follow you! TC! Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just know when we require a change....most of time in ourselves.
    I could so relate to this one and I am sure many others would too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.......Very nice post here. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always been following your momscribe blog.It was very technical for me and I could not comment much..Today I came to this blog and am amazed how articulate you are in expressing your thoughts so fluently.The surrounding circumstances bring out our latent skills in full measure as in your case.

    ReplyDelete