Exploring Poetry ,WEEK 10 - of exploring poetry on my journey.It is more or less like TREKKING.Say, a poetry trekking....few joined me in my trekking in the past making my experience an enjoyable one...and I am still awaiting more to join me in.
This week : COUPLETS
How to write a Couplet :
1.A Couplets is a simplest form of poetry
2.It consists of a pair of lines (only two lines) and they rhyme.
3.Each line consist of the same number of syllable.
4.The last word of each line rhyme
5.They usually form a complete thought.
William Shakespeare ,the greatest poet of all time has written his sonnets which usually end in a couplet.
Below my poem for theme Food
Food that nourishes the mind
Preserves knowledge for mankind
Food that fulfills the body
Nurtures one's growth steady
Food that is fed for the spirit
Gathers patience to be with
Food for body , thought and soul
They fulfill the Human's Life whole
(An excerpt from the main poem written for Jingle Poetry)
I humbly thank her very much for this honor.
The Rules to accept the award are as follows:
1.Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
2.Tell 7 Random facts about yourself.
3.Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
4.Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it.
So, 7 simple Facts about Me (Iwrite4u):
- I am an Engineer by qualification and a poetess(writer) by will
- Apart from poems ,I have an affinity towards paintings and photography
- My first poem"History" was published on Voices Net Literary Magazine when I was just 15 years old.
- Recently I have published my poems in Kindle Edition (you can see on the sidebar)
- I am on verge of completing my Tamil novel (as a writer)
- I love discovering mysteries and extra ordinary stories (I google and find more about the words that amuse me)
- I love maths and I blog Vedic Maths(simple tricks) for Maths Lovers
15 New bloggers to pass the award on ,my selection in no particular order :
Congratulations to all of the award nominees! Love your writings!!!