Search this Blog

Wednesday 2 February 2011

My Mother - haiku

TEN HAIKU'S ON A ROW FOR MY MOTHER

Not yet I can write
A poem for my mother
Words flow like the rain

Gave birth to a child
I found my Mother to nurse
My wound and my child

My mind still searches 
the right word to describe her
words not sufficient

Candle is her life
She sacrifice her whole self
To brings light in ours

When I cry in pain
The tears gather in her eye
Unconditional Love

Protects me all day
Angel disguised as mother
A treasured secret

Grown up like a tree
I still search for her lap
To sleep in safety

Share all your secrets
Mothers are more than we think
True Confident

No diamonds or gold
Match my mother's precious love
Still ornaments me

By raja

20 comments:

  1. Your Haiku are all quite lovely truly done from the heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I'll bet these haiku made your mother happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have words to pen down here.. No word can equal to a mother or for the things we write about Mom..Thanks for playing..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mothers are more than we think. Love that line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing loved each one them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet tribute to a mother. just loved it.

    mine is here:
    http://sharmishthabasu.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/mother/

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read these haikus twice..beautifully and thoughtfully penned. God bless u and ur mother :)

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. @all -Thanks for all your comments!Your words and your blessings hold a special place in my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness - how beautiful and eloquent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. go manmiesssss! I love my manmie as well, great tribute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this.
    a true bliss to read your lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful haikus for mother..
    Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful uma! each one is worth reading many a times! mothers are lovely creatures indeed! :)

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just marvelous! A tribute to mothers everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  16. too beautiful uma. people say that you come to know the "love" of your parents after you have your own kids- your poem says it.

    trisha
    http://sharmishthabasu.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/tender-embrace/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Was Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. good haiku poems

    ReplyDelete