Search this Blog

Sunday 27 February 2011

Exploring Poetry - Tanka

Happy to welcome you all to week 8 of " Exploring Poetry  ".Take it as a challenge and try writing one and link it over below.


Todays Prompt :TANKA
  1. It is a Japanese poem of five lines.
  2. The first and the third lines composes of five syllables and the other lines has seven syllable.(Syllable is the count of how we pronounce a word.For example, poem is po -em counting to 2 syllable and wonderful is won-der-ful counting to 3 syllable)
  3. Tanka is in the form of 1-2-3-4-5 lines with 5-7-5-7-7 syllable. 
Cartoon ,Sci-fi and Super Powers


Imaginary
the characters speaks volumes
of the funny side
played by the human in real
depicting a serious note



Ubiquitous sci-fi
physical work of human
diminish further
humans imaginations
gains life with perspiration



The sixth sense of mind
super power predictor
unravels mystery
of the future it beholds
value to win mind over fate



Welcome to EWPF!Click the ADD LINK below to link in your Limerick.
Tag me so that ' EWPF ' can be found by your friends : 






13 comments:

  1. Nice tanka! And it fits the Potluck theme too! I've always found these difficult but will try. I like a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another insightful piece... :) I love the first and last best... :)

    Here are mine, dear.. I have two.. Cartoon of Me and Sci-fi..
    http://www.tingtasy.com/2011/02/collections-of-tings-poetry-tpf110.html (Cartoon of Me)
    http://www.tingtasy.com/2011/02/collections-of-tings-poetry-tpf111-sci.html (Sci-fi)

    See you around!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i have no tanka to post unless i really sit down and count my old ones haha! anyway, you wrote a nice one.. here's my potluck.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2009/11/29/cinderella-for-a-man/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect contribution to Potluck, great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, that was intense Uma!
    Nice take.. :)

    Love xox
    http://oliviasmindlymatters.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/virtuality/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It snowed last week.
    I had trouble driving home.
    Chunks of ice got stuck
    in between my wiper blades.
    I thought of pulling over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great start. Like them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @all Thanks friends..you make me write more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Sixth Sense tanka! Beautiful description. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done. Descriptive and right on target with Potluck theme. Thank you! Most enjoyable.

    I just sent you an email with your welcome mini-interview. Forgot to say that I'll need your responses by 3/5 at 1 p.m. Central Time.
    Thanks!

    Happy Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting read......I havent tried this form. Well done!

    ReplyDelete